By the time I got up at around 8:30am I was like the little old lady who went to the pantry but when she got there the larder was bare. I had one breakfast bar left which I handed to BabyR and then we all pile into the car to go grocery shopping. (I also treated myself to a nice coffee while we were out.)
At the supermarket Ds10 was an amazing helper entertaining BabyR, pushing the trolley, helping to get things and reminding me NOT to get certain things LOL. I was so blessed by his enthusiastic help that I gave him some money to go get a packet of natural lollies to share with his brother and father tonight when they go to the rugby with his team.
When we got home he insisted on being the only one to unpack the groceries as he wanted to reorganize the pantry while he was at it. So whilst the other two kids were sorting washing then playing and babyR was napping and I was cleaning the fridge out and restocking it. Ds10 was cleaning out the pantry and reorganizing it then restocking it with groceries. He spent an hour doing this and now my pantry looks amazing.
It was a real change to what he has been like the past few days as he has been suffering the ill effects of too much candy and chocolate after an outing with his grandmother on Wednesday. It took about 48 hours for the additives and colouring to work their way out of his system and in the meantime he was rather over the top hyper. So much so that even his swim instructor noticed and suggested I get him some natural lollies to have in stock for next time someone else takes him out. LOL
I was amazed actually that he had even managed to consume enough lollies to have this sort of effect on him as typically his grandmother does not give him too many sweets, not having a sweet tooth herself. But apparently she had a lollipop in her glove box and allowed him to eat it as they were stuck sitting in traffic for quite a while en rout to their destination. Then there were chocolates and candy given out at the science workshop they attended together and just to finish him off he bough some candy from a vending machine with his own money.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.