We are having such a nice day today that I thought I'd share it with you all....
The kids started the day with some tv before breakfast which worked out well for me as then I could check my emials without taking time out from them.
After I had checked my emails I spent about 30 minutes playing cards with ds10. This so rarely happens as usually at this time I am stressing out trying to get our days lessons started. While we were playing BabyR helped Miss 8 with some art and craft while eating raisins and ds12 went outside to shoot a few hoops in preparation for his basketball game tonight.
After a few games of cards ds10 and I parted company ( he cheated and wouldn't admit it) so dd8 and I started to make some meringes which she had specifically requested. She is always asking me to bake with her and I am usually finding ways to avoid doing this as it is too messy and I have so much else I would rather be doing or should be doing. But today we made sticky messy meringes and BabR 21 months helped out too. Eeeeeeek it certainly WAS messy, but we got it cleaned up ok eventually.
I suggested Miss 8 write about what we just did and although she started out well she soon lost interest and decided to draw a picture instead then headed off to build Lego's with BabyR.
Meanwhile ds10 wanted to use his fathers tape measure so I set him the task of measuring 3 different outdoor areas to see whether we had enough room for a trampoline this Christimas. He yelled out the measurements and I jotted them down then he came and worked out the area and I worked out the are of the trampoline and then we decided whether it would fit and how big a trampoline we could get. After that he went around measuring other things just to see how big they were.
Ds12 spent most of the morning reading. He started and finished a Hardy Boys book, helped eat some meringes and tidied the lounge for me. He also spent time moaning about being board as he isn't all that good at entertaining himself or initiating activities of his own accord. Eventually he decided he'd like to look at some electronic drum kits on the computer to see if he could afford one and if not how much he would need to save up. He came to the conclusion that saving up for would take way too long but that Playstation 3 had a wireless drum controller which he could get for half the price so he plans on saving up for this instead.
After a bit more moaning about boredom ds12 picked up another book set in Palestine about a young boy who has to live in war torn palestine and come to terms with the battles raging between Israel and Palestine. It will be interesting to see what he thinks of the book as it looks like it will be quite heavy and not the most humerous of stories which is his usual preferred genre.
Ds10 announced that he'd though about something else he'd like to know. He wanted to know how telescopes are made and how the scope on a submarine works. So we pulled out the encyclopedia and read what was there about telescopes. We then searched through aour various science books to find a telescope making project. He has a few materials he needs to source but then he plans to make a telescope himself.
I spent about 30 minutes lying on the couch reading a book about Christian Unschooling which has my mind ticking over at the moment.
It is now 3pm and ds12 has the tv back on for a while, ds10 and dd8 have gone next door to play with their cousins, the baby is sleeping and I have escaped onto the computer to tell you about my day. In about an hour we are off to ds12's basketball game and then it is home for dinner.
And thats our day!
Blessings
Nina

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.