Thursday, February 5, 2009

The difference between boys and girls...

Dd7

Last night we were relaxing together as a family. Dad, ds11 and ds9 were being typical boys taking turns playing and arguing over a skateboarding game on the PS3 while dd7 and I were sitting companionably on the couch nearby as spectators.

After a while dd7 got up and headed into the school room returning with some paper and a pencil. "I'm going to write a story mum." She announced.

She sat there writing asking me now and again to check her spelling and correcting one or two mistakes when I pointed them out at her request. She then drew a picture to illustrate her story.

This is what she came up with.....

If I went to the jungle I would find a tiger and ride it. But if a crocodile popped up in my way I'd get a cheeky monkey and give it to him.

Sorry it isn't very clear but here is her story and picture


The only words I helped her with were.... would, jungle, crocodile and cheeky and even this help was minimal reminders of the odd forgotten less commonly used phonetic sound or blend etc...

Why are boys and girls so very very different? This would be my boys idea of torture but dd7 does it for fun.

Here's another example of Dd7 writing for fun. This was done at Christmas time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.