Friday, February 1, 2008

Sleeping like a baby .... What?


"Sleeping like a baby .... What?"

This saying is used so often that I find myself questioning what exactly it means as right at the moment Baby R is fighting sleep with all his heart. LOL It is strange how he will slip blissfully into peaceful slumber while feeding or lying on my chest or in my arms yet almost the minute he is placed gently in his bassinet he is wide awake and fighting to keep his eyes open. Then I leave him to self settle thinking I don't want to become a rocking chair as well as a milk machine only to give in when he starts crying or complaining about it.

So what exactly do people mean when they gush about how peaceful someone looks when they are "sleeping like a baby?"

1 comment:

  1. LOL! My second child wouldn't sleep in a crib - she wanted to be in my arms from day 1. She would be sound asleep and the minute her body touched the mattress, she was wide away as if I had tried laying her on a bed of nails.

    But now she is 13 and doesn't want me to kiss her and certainly won't snuggle. So enjoy it while it lasts! :^)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.