Sunday, February 10, 2008

Especially For Laura...

WORD WALLS

I was talking to a friend online and telling her all about the word wall I use to help dd6 with her compositional writing. I found it difficult to describe it to her so thought I'd post an example of it here for all to see. Please feel free to copy and adapt it to suit your own needs.


ANYWAY HERE IS OUR VERSION OF A WORD WALL
To assemble the Word wall get a large piece of A3 Plus sized Cardboard and past the sheets above onto it.

When children are writing or compiling a compositional piece of writing they just look for their words on the word wall and write it into their piece. You can add new words that children struggle with or use frequently as and when needed.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this visual because I wasn't following what you gals were talking about. This makes sense to me now!
    Blessings,
    Jacque HFIC

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.