Would you believe its already Wednesday Afternoon here and this is the
first time I've managed to get online this week?
However its not all bad....(LOL)
We have had a very productive week here and things seem to have settled down into some semblance of routine. Well what I should say if I dare to speak so soon is that for 2 weeks now we have gotten all our work done with very little complaint or disruption. LOL
Our current schedule seems to be working out for us and I have added science into the boys schedule this week also and this was met very positively after they had initially said they didn't want to do their lifepac science anymore.
I decided early last week that since they complained no matter what curriculum we used that I was just going to insist they did what I wanted them to do and suffer the consequences if they fussed or slacked off. It seems that my doing this was exactly what they needed. Mama just needed to get her A into G and take control.
I learned something yesterday from a friend which I think will really help. Her Pastors wife has been homeschooling for years and actually runs an ACE day school for homeschoolers twice a week too. She advised my friend to stop seeing herself as he childs teacher and instead to
see herself as a Facilitator. She suggested that the children be trained to work independently and that she the facilitator make that possible but that disciplinary actions and accountability should be the responsibility of the Father as he should have the role of "Supervisor or manager" Finally when all else fails the Pastor or governing body was to act as headmaster to solve any further problems.
The way I interpreted this seeing as we are not registered with anything like ACE was that the mother be there to help the children and to guide them but that they are responsible for completing and checking off their own work and report to their father to have everything checked off and passed.
After some thinking I came up with a practical way that we could make this work in our home. I got each of my ds a small notebook and listed their school work obligations for each week. At the end of the week they had to check each thing completed off and take their notebook to their father for him to sign off. If they failed to complete something due to their own poor effort or attitude then it would be their father who applied a consequence and oversaw it being carried out to his satisfaction.
The thought of having their father check all their work every Friday has been an amazing incentive to my boys as they greatly fear losing their playstation or skateboarding privileges during the weekend and they know that Dad WILL enforce it. LOL
Well baby needs feeding so better go
Blessings
Nina
-

NINA!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! Please tell us how it works. I'm having a horrible go at it these days and I'm wondering if that would work for us.
Blessings,
Jacque
Hmmm not sure how to explain check out the next blog and I will try to put in an example for you.
ReplyDelete