Friday, October 2, 2009

Not much has been happening around here due to the fact that we have been sick yet again. It seems we have had one cold after another since back in May. I have had a cough for the past 6 weeks which I just can't shake and now the baby is unwell again and is waking all night long so I am back to feeling like I did when he was a newborn.

All this is to say.... This post may not be particularly inspiring or interesting to read but I felt the need to come here today and at least write something.....


On Monday we are going away for a week with my mother to Mount Maunganui.(See photo above) So I have been busy catching up with washing in preparation for this holiday but I have to admit I am not feeling overly enthusiastic about it at this point. I have to leave my hubby at home as he has work commitments and I always miss him terribly when I have to go away. I know we will have an enjoyable time and I really do need a change of scenery other than these same 4 walls that I have been seeing for weeks now due to our various ailments. But a 5 day holiday with my mother and my 4 kids wasn't exactly what I had in mind. Don't get me wrong I love my mother and I enjoy her company it is just that I don't feel much like going away on holiday at the moment and would rather just blob in my own company with the kids having a holiday without me LOL. But then when I do that I get bored pretty quickly.


 My mum last Xmas with my nephew then 2
 

My 13 year old neice has been visiting from Australia for a few days staying with my SIL and BIL next door. The kids have had a ball with her. Especially ds10 who finally has someone who can kleep up with his energy levels and his level of fearless daring. Yesterday they were riding skateboards down the drive full speed (without safety gear) Ours is a long steep driveway so they got up quite a speed and I had to look away for fear they were going to bale something terrible. But they didn't and from the yahooing and laughter I heard echoing down the driveway I am guessing they were having a blast! 


 Miss T 13 yrs



It has been so lovely to see all 7 of the cousins from age 7-13 playing together and having fun. There have been numerous games of hide'n'seek outside and games of tag and then the tearing down the driveway. they have watched DVD's and baked and all in all it is truning out to be a very enjoyable school holiday break for all concerned. tomorrow T13 is of back to Australia and I am sure the younger cousins will all look forward to her next visit.

We had abit of drama here in NZ during the week as we had a tsunami warning after the earthquake in Samoa on Wednesday. The beaches were all cleared and we all waited for the designated time of impact..... only to have the warnng cancels as there was apparently no longer any risk of a tsunami.  My mother who lives a coupld of streets back from a beach was evacuated to higher ground until the warning was cancelled.


And the last excitement of the week is it is my darling hubby's 38th birthday today. He has had to go to work unfortunately and he isn't very impressed to be turning 38. Tonight we will have our traditional birthday meal of lamb shanks followed by birthday cake for dessert. So todays most important tasks are.... baking the cake and buying him a present.



The love of my life LOL

 

Well thats me for today!



Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.