Sunday, December 6, 2009

December Update

Well it has been a while but I thought as we are winding down our year and preparing for Christmas that now was probably a good time to update my blog.

What we've been up to month by month.....


November


November was our much anticipated homeschool camp.  The camp was at Lake Karapiro where 22 families came together for a time of friendship, fellowship and outdoor pursuits. So much fun was had by all and even the torrential down pours didn't stop it although it did require some families to alter their sleeping arrangements and bunk in cabins with those of us lucky enough to have them in stead of tents.

The children got to participate in a good variety of outdoor pursuits activities such as...


Kayaking
Sailing
Orienteering
Archery
Raft Building
High Ropes
Team Building activities



As well as lots of other more spontaneous games such as spotlight tag, sand castle building, touch rugby, treasure hunting, Scavenger hunting.

It was so much fun that I have spent most of my time since returning home..... planning next years camp!

DECEMBER:

Very little formal school work is being done ok actually NO formal school work is being done. We are enjoying relaxing and getting out in our garden. I have to admit though that I am feeling very reluctant to do anything much and am more than content to sit at home reading or on the computer which the kids find hard.

I have however been organized to get all my Christmas shopping done early and all that is left is for me to decided where we will be celebrating Christmas... My family out of town or dh's family close to home.

Next week I have organized to meet with some homeschooling families for an end of year picnic at the beach. this is usually an anual event but nobody seemed to organize anything this year so I decided to get onto it myself.

Today I have been trying to get some nice photos of the kids for the grandparents but do you think I could get one single photo with all of them looking at the camera and smiling Of course not!

We are all very excited that Daniel will be home for a whole month over Christmas and through January. We have quite a few odd jobs that need doing around the house but we will also have plenty of time for relaxing and having fun together.

Well that's about it for now

Catch ya soon  and Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.