I was prompted by my last post to ponder just what exactly it is we like the most about homeschooling..... I asked the kids what they liked best about it and here is what they said......
Ds12 - We get to be with you and do our work in our own time and not at set times or places.
Ds10 - Being together as a family with you as our teacher and being able to get our work over and done with and have the rest of the day to play.
Dd8 - I like being with you and going to the park and the beach and stuff whenever we want to.
Me - I like that nobody else is telling my children what and how they should think, live, act. I like that we spend all our days together in the good times and the bad. I like being able to meet my children's needs as they occur and not having to slot them into only a few hours of the day/week. I like not being tied down to someone else's time table or way of doing things.
I then asked what they enjoy doing the most as part of their homeschooling ....
Ds12 - Doing sports and other activities that interest us with our friends.
Ds10 - I like doing math and sports whenever I want.
Dd8 - Being with you and going to activities with my friends
Me - This is a hard one but I think that at the moment my favourite part is being able to watch them grow and progress in all areas 24/7. I also like it when we go to the beach or somewhere on the spur of the moment and the times when I can just sit and have a cup of coffee and a chat with a friend while our homeschooled kids all play together.
It is so hard to put into words all that we like about homeschooling (much easier to mention the things we don't like as there are so fewer of these than of the things we like) LOL. I've decided to compile a pictorial to show you the things we have anjoyed doing together since we started homeschooling over 6 years ago, rather than to tell you about it....
Being able to play at the beach with friends of all ages whenever the fancy takes us!
Boys learning to be men at their fathers side
Going on picnics with other homeschoolers
Having time any day to stop and take a photo of a spectacular sky....
Pyjama Days...... and weeks LOL
Taking family vacations whenever we want.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.